Sustain our community strengths and to create and share better ways to live as neighbors – towards a way of living that welcomes diversity and fosters social connection, affordable living, environmental stewardship, and a smaller ecological footprint.
Contributing to this mission are the following values:
• We participate in the urban advantages of living in Burlington – cultural, pedestrian, biking, shared car trips, public transit.
• We support commitment, innovation and personal courage.
• We aim to make a positive difference in the lives of all.
• We encourage the development of leadership and group facilitation skills.
• We promote involvement with the larger community.
• We practice self-governance with a modified consensus decision-making process.
• We provide regular common meals which include food grown from our own lands.
• We gather frequently for mutual appreciation and celebrations.
• We are committed to non-violent communication and conflict resolution.